Mitsui Fudosan Frontier REIT Management Inc. (MFF) regularly promotes initiatives to make operations more efficient and provides specialist training to executives and employees.
Support for acquiring qualifications
To support executives and employees in acquiring qualifications needed to enhance their specialized knowledge or further develop their abilities, we have established an internal system that offers subsidies and other forms of aid.
The major qualifications we have supported are as follows.
- Number of people*
- The Association for Real Estate Securitization (ARES) certified master
- Real estate notary
- Tax accountant
- Securities analyst
- Certification Test of Environment Specialists (ECO test)
- Regular employees, contract employees, and dispatched employees who have obtained the qualification as of April 1, 2019
Implementation of internal training and support for participation in outside training programs and seminars
To develop the abilities of executives and employees, we recommend and provide support for outside training programs as well as various seminars and courses.
List of available outside course programs and seminars
- SMBC Business Seminar (general business topics and education)
- Japan Knowledge Center Seminar and Dynamic Marketing Co., Ltd. (retail facilities and real estate)
- The Association for Real Estate Securitization and the Investment Trusts
- Association, Japan Seminar (Investment Trust Act, Financial Instruments and Exchange Act, etc.)
Fiscal 2018 Training and Seminar Attendance
- Annual total※1
- Per person※2
- Training hours
- 576 hours
- 24 hours/year
- Training fees
- Total number of hours and amount of fees for training attended by executives and employees
- Calculated by dividing the annual totals by the number of MFF's executives and employees as of March 31, 2019
Regarding the execution of business by employees, we introduced a personnel evaluation system that assesses employees' abilities and performance from multiple perspectives, including those related to sustainability-related initiatives. In addition, supervisors hold meetings with their subordinates at the beginning, middle, and end of each fiscal year to give advice that helps them hone their abilities, to identify issues, and to check progress and results.
Use of outside personnel
When necessary, MFF brings in personnel with specialized abilities from the sponsor and other entities in order to raise the level of business execution.
- Company name
- Number of people
- Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.
- Heiseikaikeisha Tax Corporation
- Number of employees brought in:
(As of April 1, 2019)
Health and Safety
MFF is committed to health and productivity management and actively provides preventive support to improve the health of executives and employees because we put their health and safety first. Furthermore, we have acquired Silver Certification from the National Federation of Health Insurance Societies (Tokyo Federation), which maintains a system for certifying companies with excellent health practices.
Periodic ordinary health checks
We put the health of executives and employees first and mandate they get health checks. Regarding periodic ordinary health checks or comprehensive health checks, we have set up a system for taking leave to receive a comprehensive health check and provide subsidies for examination fees as we actively support and promote the improvement of executive and employee health. In addition, we provide subsidies for influenza vaccination fees.
- Percentage of executives and employees who received ordinary and
comprehensive health checks (fiscal 2018)
Special leave systems
In addition to our annual paid leave, we have set up the following special leave systems: refreshment leave (five days), leave for comprehensive health checks, leave for special occasions or bereavement, menstrual leave, leave for pregnancy-related hospitalization or impairment, sick child leave, caregiving leave, pre- and post-childbirth leave.
Sharing of health-related information and use of industrial physicians
MFF disseminates a wide range of health-related information internally and periodically holds meetings on how to improve one’s health. In addition, we use platforms like this to provide opportunities for getting advice from industrial physicians.
We conduct stress checks as part of our efforts to prompt executives and employees to practice self-care and to prevent mental health problems.
Human Rights; Corruption Prevention
Respect for human rights
MFF does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, age, birthplace, nationality, race, ethnicity, belief, religion, illness, disability, or other factors. We respect human rights and promote initiatives to create a work environment where a diverse pool of talent can thrive.
Compliance Consultation Desk (for corruption prevention, etc.)
We have a system in place where executives and employees who notice harassment or other compliance violations can go outside their department to directly contact the Compliance Division General Manager or consult with the external consultation desk.Both the Compliance Division General Manager and the external consultation desk will adamantly defend the confidentiality of any person who seeks consultation. Depending on the matter, they will work together to investigate the facts of the case, they may report to the president or relevant executive or to the compliance committee, or they may take whatever other action deemed appropriate and follow up with the consultation seeker with the results of their efforts. The consultation seeker is protected by the Whistleblower Protection Act and cannot be treated unfairly by the Company based on the matters discussed.
Childcare and caregiving support
To support executives and employees in both their work and in childcare or caregiving, we have established the following systems.
- Childcare support: childcare leave system, sick child leave system, childcare reduced working hour system
- Caregiving support: caregiving leave system, caregiving reduced working hour system
For the Company to understand the issues it should tackle and consider policies and measures, MFF regularly surveys internal and external awareness and actions in specific local areas and strives to improve its internal systems and environments based on the results. (The second survey was conducted in March 2018.)
HR Data (for reference)
(As of April 1, 2019)
- Fiscal 2018
- Number of employees
- Number of contract employees:
- Number of dispatched employees:
- Total number of executives and employees:
- Percentage of female executives and employees※1
- Average length of service※2
- 4.2 years
- Number of new hires:
- Attrition rate※3
- Paid leave usage rate※4
- Number of people who have taken childcare leave
- Number of people who have taken caregiving leave
There have been no mergers or acquisitions that necessitated layoffs and there have been no large-scale layoffs.
- The percentage of women among the total number of executives and employees
- Calculated based on the number of employees at MFF as of April 1, 2019. The average was calculated by dividing the total number of months worked as of March 31, 2019, by the number of employees.
- For the period between fiscal 2016 and fiscal 2018 (regular employees and contract employees)
- For fiscal 2018 (regular employees and contract employees)